Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Tony’s Quest

This piece marks the beginning of my second year of writing this blog, and I’m afraid that I might be getting just a little sentimental about this significant milestone. And before you ask, no, I just got something in both my eyes. It all started, appropriately enough, on April 1st, 2008. Every week since then, without fail, I have posted a new, original essay. Hard to believe, isn’t it? Not bad for a lazy slacker with no ambition and drug-induced brain damage. Granted, they weren't all gems (like this one). Even so, I thought surely I would quickly run out of insane aspects of the war on drugs to comment on. But no. Just when I think I'll have nothing more to say, I read something or hear something or think about something, and a new essay practically writes itself. It would appear that as along as there is no end to the insanity, there will be no end to this blog. So, onward I will trudge, whether anybody reads what I write or not.

I'd also like to take this opportunity, faithful reader, to encourage you to leave comments or ask questions. The process is simple and anonymous. Just click where it says the number of comments at the end of each article, usually zero, and start typing in the pop-up window. Now that my readership has soared into the double digits, I’d like to start hearing from my readers. Your feedback is all I have to keep me going, and I have to say it’s been pretty slim pickin’s so far. So please don’t hesitate to leave me a comment—tell me that you liked something I wrote, or hated it, or think I’m an idiot, or that I’m really cool, or that I’m not really as cool as I like to think I am, or suggest something for me to apply my unique brand of analysis to. Whatever. It’s getting pretty lonely in here (cue the crickets).

Namaste.

Get up. Stand up. Stand up for your right.
Get up. Stand up. Don’t give up the fight.
B. Marley

No comments: